Wednesday, December 22, 2010

ahhhhhpoop

A couple of statements. Babies are cute. Babies need diapers changed. The writer of this blog HATES poop. I almost gagged just writing that last statement. My parents joke that when i was a baby i would make this stink face when i was.....well, when i was shitting myself in my diaper. Any time i come in contact with poop of any kind i gag and near throw up. One of my biggest concerns about having a baby has always been whether i was going to be expected to change poopy diapers.

As the thought of being just weeks away from having a baby creep in i have gradually come to terms with a couple things
1) i most likely will have to change poop diapers
2) it might not be that bad (yes ive sort of bought into the "when its ur child" bs)
3) YUCK!!!! Im going to have to change poopy diapers.

Hey, its progress. I mean a couple years of dealing with poo....UGH FINE, whatever! Now being an only child and not really remembering back to when i was 2 or 3 i never really knew the details of potty training. Ok for the first 2 years or so a child is in diapers, i got that. Then you teach them to use their own little toilet....i forgot about that to be honest but yeah ok. Sick that i have to empty that out but hey at least I'm not wiping poop butt anymore amirite....

Well it turns out i am not right at all! Apparently my wife has known all along and none of my friends bothered to tell me, when ur kid starts using the toilet.....YOU STILL HAVE TO WIPE THEIR BUTT!!!!! YUCK! I cannot believe what i have signed up for here.

At first sure, whatever little baby poo and from what i read it doesnt even smell bad until they go on solid foods, but after that gag, yuck, gross! I have to reference back to Louis CK here who addressed my fear head on that once your child starts eating solid foods it doesnt poo, it CRAPS!


(Go to 1:40 in if you want to skim right through)


And apparently even after you teach your kid to go to the bathroom, they are still not capable of wiping their own butt. So guess who gets to.....ME!

Seriously my mind was blown over this.

Other than this realization nothing really significant has happened on the baby front and thus why i have not written an update in awhile. We are officially 14 days away from gender determination which will be huge. And we have a few things left to get the baby like a swing, and i dont know really because to be honest....we have a crib, some diapers, a car seat, a stroller and i just kind of think the rest is details.

So ill try to post more random thoughts on baby stuff when it comes up but this should really take off after we have the baby.

Thanx for reading about poop

Ahhhhhgonnabewipingbuttsfortherestofmylife

1 comment: