Thursday, December 2, 2010

We're pregnant....

No literally we both are pregnant. Or it feels that way when i look in the mirror lately. See heres the thing, I LOVE food. I love it more than most people. Im convinced of this because when i take people to eat at places its always bomb, and when i go with people to their favorite places, its a coin flip. Most people just dont know what good food is, so they  obviously dont like it as much as i do. I like it all too, salty, sweet, ethnic, meat and potatoes, u name it, if its cooked well i like it.

Now throughout my life ive had some fluctuations with weight. Nothing too serious, ive always been a gym rat and when i went on these eating binges i always had the gym to keep me in check and then when i realized i was eating everything in sight i could slow down and lose the weight pretty quickly. I have pretty good self control most of the time. But ever since Lindy got pregnant and shes eating all this good tasting food i cant help it but to have some with her. The problem is, with our move and as hectic as everything has been, i havent had a gym membership......ok ok thats a cop out, i havent had a gym membership for like 6 weeks, i havent been to the gym for like 6 months because well, because i havent felt like damn going, and ive been too busy eating taco bell.

In the 6 months ive known Lindy i have gained 35 pounds.....35 POUNDS in 6 months. Do you know how long its going to take me to lose that back? JFC, if I keep up this pace then i will start to look like the movie character from this amazing and timeless classic


I always knew that i would be the husband that gained the "sympathy weight" with my wife. There was never any doubt in my mind because i love food so much. But this much? This quick? Its time to slow down. Within the next week its back to the gym for me and Lindy. She obviously wont be doing anything strenuous but from what ive read a little exercise while pregnant is very beneficial to Pat and supposed to make labor easier for Lindy. Not to mention make it a little more obvious which one of us is pregnant.

The one positive is, thank god its hoodie season!

Pat! You better be worth it you lil non gender determined fetus you!

2 comments:

  1. Whoa, you're gonna be a dad! No way. Congrats and you have my condolences, your life will change forever. Not a bad thing but I hope your endurance is good--you're gonna need it.

    --Al (Jerry)

    ReplyDelete